Day 4: Schulenburg RV Park

Today's stop is in Schulenburg, TX which is half way between San Antonio and Houston. I should have made it a bit further but I took an unintended scenic route. The morning started a bit frosty at 28 degrees. I didn't feel so bad after I took a look at the temps from my weather station back home. Packed stuff up while the coffee brewed and was on the road by 8:30am.

Things went a bit haywire when I pulled off the highway for gas. In my search for gas little did I notice that the exit I I needed to take was the one I got off of for gas. Once I filled up I headed back on the highway and it wasn't until 15 miles later I finally figured I was past my exit. OK, no big deal, we'll just take a couple of state highways to get back on I-35 and be good. I did eventually get back on track, but lost an hour of drive time. Not a big deal, I'm not on a schedule.

Had a caravan of 5 RVs for a while on US77. I'm sure that there were a few unhappy motorists as we were going 60 on a 2 lane road with a speed limit of 70. They do have a few passing areas and we slowed down on those to let them pass.

So I just drove until I decided it was time to stop. Punched up campgrounds on my GPS and this park was 4 miles away right on my route. It's a small park, only 49 spaces. The roads are a bit tight but I got in with no problems and have seen a couple of, I would guess, 35' 5th wheels pull in after I did. They have a pond with ducks that Spud found real interesting and a Dairy Queen right next door that gives you 10% off campground discount.... so me a Spud are gonna have Strawberry Sunday tonight. Now the bad part, their cable only has about 6 stations and no FOX network. That means I won't get to see the games tonight unless I can get the RV antenna to dial in a signal.

Did you look close at the picture? Notice that the door is open? Yep, that's right, it's in the upper 50's and warm as hell compared to that 15 degree I see back home. Sorry, just had to rub it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment