Day 3: Dallas KOA

Another long day of driving. Original plan was to stop in Mt. Pleasant TX just west of Texarkana but it was early and I still felt pretty good. Figured the extra 1 1/2 hours drive to get to Dallas wouldn't be bad. The drive wasn't bad, I just was glad to get here. The whole day was great, blue skies with no clouds and it got up to 52. Roads were decent and traffic was light so I was able to make good time.

You'll notice the picture of the campground shows it is getting dark. I got here about 4:30 and decided to de-winterize the 5er. That involves hooking up the fresh water and flushing out all of the water lines. Since I've never done it before it took a bit to figure out the bypass valve to the water heater wasn't letting it fill up. Once I found it I let the water run until all the "pink stuff" (antifreeze) was flushed out of the lines. Then open the water heater relief valve to flush the water heater, fill the water tank to flush the water pump, then run each facet again just to make sure everything is clear.

Of course once this is all done the holding tank is 3/4 full so might as well dump that before it gets dark. It really wasn't that bad, only took about 45 minutes and I'm now ready for some real camping. The rest of the night will consist for a few brews while I watch the football game.

RVing According To Hank
  • No matter where you want to go it will always be uphill and into the wind
  • The curb you see in your mirror is closer then it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment