The Winnebago Minnie-Winnie Experence

RV number 2 is this cherry 1988 20′ Winnebago Minnie-Winnie. OK, really it is number 3 but I’m not including the pop-up I had for a couple of years back in 2000 or so. 5 cold and rainy weekends in the Teardrop convinced me I wanted something more comfortable and I came across this really nice Minnie at a local dealer. It was super clean inside, everything worked and needed very little work.

In the few months I owned it I got a lot of use out of it. I did a few camping trips to Cold Brook Park located about 25 miles from my house. I also used to tailgate at the Notre Dame / Michigan State football game and took a week long trip to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to see the fall colors (See pictures of my U.P. trip ). It really served me well and I enjoyed it, never would have done most of these trips without it.

But during my trip to the U.P. I did find one big drawback. If I wanted to just scout around a bit, I would have to break camp to drive there. The Minnie isn’t big enough to tow a vehicle so that was out. My new-found desire to head south for the winter for a couple of months each year also forced me to look for something that would better fit my long term needs. I really loved the Minnie, it was easy to drive, easy to park and had everything I needed for short trips. I just couldn’t see using it for longer trips.

So my search was on to find something that would be easy to drive and use for weekenders but be suitable longer trips too.

No comments:

Post a Comment