My Forrest River Flagstaff 28RLSS 5th Wheel

OK, this is my final RV purchase for a while…. I hope. See more pictures in my Photo Album. The Forest River Flagstaff 28RLSS should fit my needs for quite some time. The super slide allows the couch and dining area to slide out giving me a lot of room and the queen bed in front will be real comfy. It has all the goodies that should get me by, large fridge, microwave, TV/stereo entertainment center, full bath with a roomy shower plus heat and A/C of course.

If you are wondering just what a 28RLSS is we can decode it a bit. The 28 means it is 28' long. OK, really it is 30' long but most manufacturers understate the length in the model number. The RL part means a Rear Living-room. The SS stands for Super Slide, or a long slide that, in this case, includes the couch and dining area. OK, maybe that's more then you wanted to know but it is interesting (at least to me) just what these model numbers mean.

As soon as I got I already was making plans to do some mods. The TV that is in it is an old 19″ analog TV. My choice was to buy a digital converter or a new TV. Guess which I chose? I hit the Black Friday sales and picked up a 32″ LCD TV. That also means I’ll have to make a custom mount to fit it to the entertainment center. But really, other then that there are no pressing changes that need to be done. I did get some landing gear stabilizers that need to be installed and the typical wheel chocks, hoses, extension cords, adaptors, etc. that you have to have.

So here I sit, waiting for the snow storm to pass, so I can get it home from the dealer and start getting it ready for my trip to warmer weather. I’m still not sure where I’m going to go. There is Florida, Texas or even New Mexico and Arizona to choose from. I’m tending more to the southwest and may just head out that way when the time comes and see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment