Camping in a Teardrop Trailer

My first real RV that I started to use was a Little Guy Teardrop trailer purchased in the winter of 2008. It was perfect for towing behind my Honda Element and was different enough to draw attention. One of my hobbies is RC car racing and I run a web site, HobbyTalk, that is a discussion forum for RC, Die Cast, Models and Slot Cars. It was a perfect advertising venue for my web site and also served as a great pit trailer when racing.

I did a few modifications to the Teardrop by adding 3 stage battery charger, running 110 volt electric, adding an XM radio system and a separate 12v DC power supply so I could charge my RC car batteries off of the AC. It worked great as a pit vehicle but I found some faults when using it for camping. I have a few photos camping using the Teardrop in the Camping 2009 photo album.

Early summer of 2009 was marked by cold weather and a lot of rain on the weekends. 5 out of 6 weekends I wanted to camp it rained and was miserably cold. While I don’t mind being a bit uncomfortable once in a while when camping, 5 out of 6 weekends was just a it too much. Call me wimp if you want, but I wasn’t having fun and if I’m not having fun, then why do it? This weather and my desire to take some longer trips moved me to my next acquisition in Aug. of 2009.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, that’s a very cute RV! Since it’s environment-friendly, it’s perfect for adventure. And it’s an ideal vehicle for breakaway from the busy and hectic daily life. ;)

- Mid-State RV Center

zionriverresortzion said...

Thank you for your excellent advice. May I suggest that you post some more helpful guides to camping.

Zion RV Park

Post a Comment