A Bit of History: My Time in Yellowstone National Park

Might be best to start with a bit of history to see what got me on this path to adventure.

In 2006 I lost the love of my life. After she passed away unexpectedly I was devastated, I was lost. To help heal and hopefully find my way I took a job with Xanterra working at Yellowstone National Park. My job was to be a carpet cleaner in the Mammoth Hot Springs area.

Of course things did not go as planned. 4 days after arriving I broke my foot playing volleyball. After a week they placed me in reservations…… I hated it. After 8 weeks in a cast, the doctor in Bozemen wanted operate on my foot to pin the broken 5th metatarsal bone. I decided to pass and headed back home to Michigan to get it taken care of.

But all was not lost. The 9 weeks spent in YNP started me on the path I am on today. I discovered the real wonders of the outdoors. The mountains, the rivers, the trees, the wildlife. The cast on my foot limited me to only scratching the surface of what was out there, but it had me hooked. I knew I had to experience more once I was healed and now I am in a time and place where I can do that.

I will, at some point, finish my quest to explore Yellowstone in deeper depth. But in the meantime I will take on some of the other wonderful sights that America has to offer. This blog will chronicle my adventures to explore the U.S. In the meantime you can view some of the photos I took during my time in Yellowstone National Park in my Photo Album.

No comments:

Post a Comment