Winter 2009/2010 Trip Wrap Up

OK, so I know I haven't posted to the blog for a bit. I got home on March 13th and have just been winding down and getting back to the old home routine. It was an awesome trip, at some times a bit tiring, but I haven't regretted one minute of it.

I put over 7000 miles on the truck. Considering over 2 1.2 months I spent 3 weeks in the Rio Grande Valley, 1 week at Big Bend National Park, 1 week in Alamogordo and 2 weeks on Mustang Island, that's a lot of time on the road. A quick breakdown shows I spent an average of $55.00 per day for fuel, campground fees, entertainment and other expenses that I normally wouldn't have, I consider that pretty good. Food is not included in this figure as no matter where I am I would have to eat.


I figure I actually saved money on food as I ate in most of the time where I normally eat out at home. I also saved money on utilities at home as I had the heat turned down to 50, used no water and little electric. I also suspended my Dish Network which saved. Those 2 1/2 months equaled about $400 in savings. This would bring my grand total of extra expenses to less then $50 per day. That's one hell of a vacation for a bit over $4000.00 total.

I created a map of my travels just in case you would like to see where I traveled to and what routes I took. You can find it here.

Now it's time to do a few updates and upgrades to my trailer. I bought a used solar system that I need to install, a new A/C converter for battery charging and I want to strip off some peeling strip decals and put on something new in their place. With that done I'll be ready for more adventures this summer. Stay tuned for info on the updates and things I am doing this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment