Can We Say Duh!

OK, so for 2 weeks I was figuring on leaving Port Aransas and heading east to New Orleans on Sunday. I figured that since today (Saturday) was my last day I would go out and treat myself to a nice seafood lunch. On my way back into the park about 2pm I stopped by the gate as normal and the lady staffing the gate asked if I was leaving today.

I said, nope, tomorrow. She then said, well, you only have a reservation for today and there are no openings tomorrow. Huh? My ticket says I leave the 6th. She says today is the 6th. What!!!! It's not the 5th today? Doh!

So, I head back to the trailer, pack up and head out. I think it only took me 30 minutes to get everything put away and head out. So now it's 2:30pm and I sure as heck don't want to drive at night so I plot a course to just north of San Antonio and pull into a park just after 7pm. Luckily they one space available for the night... I think. I got here after the office closed so I just found the only spot left and parked. No one has knocked on my door telling me to leave so I guess I'm OK.

It's really not that bad. I still have to head up to Austin tomorrow morning to pick up a solar panel setup I am buying and then I'd head south east with plans to stop at Beaumont, TX for the night. That puts me in about the same place I would have been if I would have left Sunday morning and I don't have to drive as far as I would have.

A little crazy for a bit but all is well now.

No comments:

Post a Comment