Texas State Aquarium and Snoopy's

Headed to Corpus Christi today to go to the Texas State Aquarium. I had heard it was nice and figured since I was in the area I should go see it. It happens to be right next door to the USS Lexington that I went to a couple of weeks ago. This would be a perfect pair of activities to do in one day as each of them take 3 or 4 hours each to see.

I got there at just the right time as a dolphin show was starting 15 minutes after I got there. There were three dolphins performing and the show lasted about 15 minutes. Of course they do the usual jumps, ball throwing and spectator splashing. It was an enjoyable show.

There is also an otter habitat, sea turtles, swamp turtles and a birding show. I didn't stay for the birding show. Inside they have an area for kids to touch sting rays and a really nice aquarium area that has a many different large and small aquarium setups with everything from sharks to jelly fish. It was a nice relaxing activity.

More pictures of Texas State Aquarium.

On the way back I stopped at Snoopy's for a bite to eat. It is located right at the exit of the Padre Island side of the causeway that connects Corpus Christi to Padre Island. You drive down a narrow road that looks like it will flood with any rain at all, and drive out on the jetty where it is located right on the bay.

You walk in to a counter where you place your order. The owner is friendly and we traded a few jokes before I order the recommended fish and chips.... and a Lone Star. I grabbed my brew and walked out the back door to find an open air seat that was right on the bay. In a few minutes I hear my name over the load speaker and go get the food. The fish was excellent, nice, fresh and firm with melt in your mouth breading. And the fries weren't bad either. Just sat there enjoying the food, the sun and watching the boats go by.

Oh yeah, it doesn't appear there is any heat in the restaurant building itself and everything is pretty open. There is a fireplace in the middle of the restaurant if you are feeling a little chilly. It's not a fancy place but I really enjoyed the setting and the food was outstanding as was the ice cold Lone Star. You know you have to drink Lone Star when in Texas. I would highly recommend Snoopy's to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment