A Bit O' Shrimp

Got up this morning and the weather is a lot nicer. Still a bit cool but I'll sunny and mid 50's any day over the crap we had yesterday. Went out to a local restaurant today for lunch. Didn't really have a plan where to stop so I just drove down the road until I found one with a full parking lot. Found one about half full so I stopped in. I noticed this one before because they always have a "lunch special" sign out front.

I went in and they were pretty full. Ordered fried shrimp and fries and dug into the salad bar. Had to just wait just a short bit for the shrimp to get served. The plate had 7 nice fat shrimp and cottage style fries and it looked good. The shrimp itself was really good and fresh but I think the breading was just a bit undercooked. Not really bad, just a little bit mushy. May have been the style of breading but I don't think so. The fries were really good as they had some seasoning on them giving them a bit of tang. Not a bad lunch, just not great.

On the way back me and Spud stopped for a short walk on the beach. When I got back there was a propane truck in the campground filling tanks. With all the cold weather I figured it would be best to check my tanks. One of the tanks was almost empty so I flagged down the truck driver and had him fill the tank. Cost to fill the 30# tank was $20. It took 7 gals of propane so there was only a 1/2 gal left. I could have saved a couple of bucks if I would have driven to the refill station in town but would have spend more in gas on the 10 mile trip then I would have saved. At least I'll be set for propane for the rest of my trip.

Once we got back into the trailer Spud ran over to his food dish and started to chow down. Maybe he was just telling me that I should have saved him some shrimp. As I was sitting there watching him eat I got a real laugh. Sometimes Spud likes to take the food out of his dish, lay it on the floor and then eat it off the floor. This also means there is always dog food scattered around his dish. When I looked, sure enough there was food on the floor. But this time he had the food nuggets lined up in 3 nice little neat lines. (see picture). Maybe he was just setting it aside for breakfast, lunch and dinner or maybe he's becoming anal in his old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment