Port Aransas, Texas

This will be a two day update. I left Balmorhea State Park around 9:30am. It was cool and foggy but the fog wasn't bad enough to delay my start. A few miles after I got on I-10 there was a flashing sign warning of possible snow and ice. I had second thoughts but pressed on figuring I could always pull off for a few hours if it got bad. Never ran into any snow or ice, the fog  cut visibility down to 1/4 mile so it really didn't effect highway speeds. A couple hours later the fog lifted and it was clear sailing.

I spent last night at the Top Of the Hill RV Park in Boerne, Texas. This is in the middle of Texas hill country and is a nice park that would be a good base for visiting the hill country. Since I already did the hill country on my way west, this was just an overnight stop for me. I got to park at the top of the hill and view from the camp sites is awesome. If I come back this way again I'll have use this park as a base for a few days.

It is only about a 4 hour drive from Boerne to the Gulf Coast so I wasn't worried about leaving early in the morning. I ended getting everything together and left around 10am. The drive went really smooth. Even San Antonio wasn't bad since it was a Saturday.

I arrived a Gulf Waters RV Resort in Port Aransas around 2pm. Gulf Waters RV Resort is a super deluxe resort that is really all owned sites that they rent out while the owners are not using them. Each site is nice and large, has great landscaping, cement pad for the RV, large brick patio, cable with 50 channels and electric/water/sewer hook ups or course. The Gulf of Mexico is just over a small dune. It is wasily the nicest RV park I have ever stayed in.... and the price reflects that.

When I got there they couldn't find my reservation. After looking around for a bit they found it was filed under the wrong day so there really wasn't a problem. I got parked and setup and just decided to relax a bit. After resting up I took Spud for a walk to the beach. The temperature was in the low 50's and it was breezy so it was brisk walking on the beach. Spud had fun none the less. It is suppose to warm up in a few days so we'll have to do the beach thing again then.

I'll be here for at least a week. Not sure if I'll stay in this park after that or move to one of the others along the beach. There is a decent State Park just down the road that I'll have to check out. Plans are to stay in this area until the end of February and then decide when I should start heading home.

2 comments:

water553 said...

Looks nice enough there that you could put on your swim trunks and go jump in the Gulf!

water553 said...

Spud looks awful chilled, I think he needs a coat!!! - Jim

Post a Comment