Day Of Rest

Didn't do much today. I'm pretty burned out on driving so just decided to hang out a bit. I went over to the Space History Museum today. It was pretty cool as they had a lot of stuff from the space program. Only took about an hour to go through. I then gassed up and am now getting ready to leave in the morning for Padre Island.

I was going to head to Tuscon but then decided to slowly work my way back east. I've been moving a lot over the past few weeks and just want to take it easy for the next few weeks before I head back home in earnest. I picked the Corpus Christi area to spend some time and did a search for campgrounds. I really liked the beach when I went to South Padre Island and wanted someplace close to the Gulf. And after watching Spuddy run around at White Sands and remember how he liked walking the beach at South Padre I just had to find a place close to the water.

There are a few places on the gulf and it was hard to decide where to go. There are a couple of state parks and a few private parks. In the end I picked a higher end park to stay at for a week and I can investigate the state parks to see if I can get in and have a look at some of the other places too. I figure I'll stay in this area for 3 weeks and wouldn't mind moving a short distance once or twice.

Gulf Waters Beach Front RV Resort is expensive but is super nice. It is only a couple minutes walk over a dune to the gulf. I doubt I'll stay here more then a week because of the price but I just want a little bit of pampering right now :) So I leave tomorrow for 3 days of driving and I look forward to just taking it easy for the rest of my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment