Nothing A Burger Can't Solve

Over the past day or so I have been trying to figure out if I wanted to stay in the Rio Grande Valley for a bit more or head out towards New Mexico.  The weather really has not been all that great in the RGV which means it wouldn't be much fun visiting a couple of places I wanted to go to. It really had me down.

The only thing to look forward to was that they are saying we are going to have some really nice weather later this week. After researching places to stop at on the way to NM I opened the fridge to make something to eat and there wasn't much there. OK, cool, I can head out to H.E.B. to get some groceries for the next couple of days. H.E.B. is a large grocery store chain in the area that I would compare to Wal-Mart's grocery section. But they have some really good Mexican pasteries that I have gotten a bit hooked on.

On my way there the sun was out, temps around 70 with a slight breeze. Great t-shirt weather. When in the meat section to pick out some ham I heard something. "Feed me" I heard while having flashbacks of The Little Shop of Horrors. Slowly I looked around and spotted it, four freshly made patties of beef were calling out to me! I couldn't resist, in the cart they went.

As I started to push my cart to the checkout I noticed the patties looked lonely. The cheese and jelapeno sausages in the next case were the perfect companion! I checked out and headed to the truck humming the Feed Me tune now stuck in my head.


It was time to break out the grill that was included with the trailer. It's pretty cool as it hangs on a bracket on the side of the trailer and attaches to a hose that runs from the propane tanks. Once fired up I grabbed those patties, sprinkled on a bit of mesquite seasoning and slapped in on the grill. That'll teach you to call out to me!

Topped it off with pepper jack cheese then slipped it a toasted bun and set back with a Miller Lite to enjoy the afternoon. I'm refreshed. I feel much better and look forward to an even warmer day tomorrow. Mid to upper 70's the rest of the week, bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you be there long enough for that book to arrive if I get off my damn ass and send it?

The weather sounds FANTASTIC!

Post a Comment