Oxygenics Shower Head Review

When I purchased my used 5th wheel and finally got to use it I found that the shower head did not spray very far. I took it apart a number of times trying to clean it but nothing seemed to help very much. When I was in the Rio Grande Valley I stopped into the Camping World store and decided to find a replacement for the useless shower head.

While looking at a couple of different models I seen the Oxygenics shower head. The concept looked interesting as it said it injects air into the water stream increasing the apparent water volume. Almost sounded like one of those "as seen on TV" commercials and the thing cost $75.00! But I was desperate for something better so I coughed up the dough and bought it. Figured if I didn't like it I could always return it.

Once I got back to the trailer I took it out of the package. It was only then I noticed there was no remote shutoff valve. Oh well, I was alreay this far, might as well install it and give it a try. There were no problems with the install. The hose screwed on right were the old shower head was and the head fit into the holder that was already in the shower stall. I turned it on to test for leaks and was surprised at the spray it put out, it easily sprayed all the way to the far wall of the shower. Cool, I'll give it a workout this evening.

I got ready for my shower that evening and turned on the hot water faucet. I waited, then waited some more. It took a good 15 seconds before the water started to get warm. OK, too hot now, lets turn on some cold water. I waited a few seconds and still too hot. More cold water and waited a bit more. Still too hot, more cold water, waited another 10 seconds or so. Now it too cold. Hummmm.... there seems to be a 15 second or so delay from when you turn the faucet until you feel the effects in the water.

I finally got the temps set right and climbed it. I had the adjustable pressure turned up full so I decided to try and turn it down to see if there was much difference. Found that it can be turned down to about a trickle. I settled on about 1/2 way as being low enough pressure and still give a good shower experience.

I lathered up and started to rinse off. It was a bit strange rinsing as the soap didn't just flow off as I was used to in my sticks and bricks house. I pulled the shower head off the hanger and held it closer and it then rinsed off much better. After some use I finally figured out that it is using so little water that it takes a bit longer to rinse off. Not a big deal, just have to get used to it.

I then wondered how little water it was using. My unscientific way to check was to take a 2 gallon bucket and see how long it takes to fill. I put the bucket in the shower, put the shower head in the bucket and turned on both hot and cold faucets full.  It took just a bit over 3 minutes to fill the bucket with the shower head at 1/2 pressure (which is more then enough pressure for me).

Over the past couple months I found am able to take 10 minute showers and not have to worry about running out of hot water from my 5 gallon water heater. Not sure how long a shower I could take before running out of hot water. Overall, I am very happy with the Oxygenics shower head and it was $75.00 well spent.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have fun read this Bathtub Taps post. I want to see more about this topic.. Thank you for publishing this quality information.. Anyhow, I’m likely to subscribe to your rss as well as

Unknown said...

As within your funds, you could find a selection of wash Taps Sale to pick from in many kinds is actually unique functions. If however, Basin Taps stay in research of your person issue great and simple this metal corporel blender Bathroom Sink Taps and the opera precious metal sorts along with clay filling are usually options you may want Bathtub Taps. Additionally you can find a whole lot added solutions that you should uncover earlier than Shower Taps these with your pleasure region, consequently move explore. Restroom components can be a high-class even so doing a small bit regarding groundwork is needed create one of the most of the investment Automatic Taps.

Post a Comment