AmeriCana RV Resort

Another day, another change in RV park. I got information on another RV park from rv.net and decided to check it out this morning. The AmeriCana RV Resort in Mission Texas is a smaller older park compared to many of the mega parks. The mega parks have rows and rows of RVs packed together with the gratuitous palm tree on each lot where the AmeriCana has more space between units and has mature trees throughout each of the spaces. The activity buildings are a bit older and while the meeting hall and bathrooms may not have the stark sterileness of the mega park, they are very clean and useable. Walk down the streets and there are orange and grapefruit trees to pick from and birds are in the trees right outside my door. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for me it's just more comfortable and friendly then the mega parks. I signed up to stay 2 weeks and can extend from there.

Found out there was a fish boil tonight at the park and they said they had a couple of cancelations so I could get a plate. Didn't really know what to expect since I just arrived a few hours earlier. As I walked up to the club house I heard what I thought was a jet engine. What I found sitting outside was 3 huge pots of boiling water with big propane burners firing underneath.

I looked around and a group of guys were standing around the pots, beers in hand, deciding when the best time it was to start cooking. Maybe it was just the passing around of the cup of brandy but I see this is my kind of place! I headed back to the trailer, stuffed my jacket pockets full of beers and joined the group. We had boiled fish, potatoes, carrots, onions, cole slaw and bread. Sure was a nice finish to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment