Day 1: Terre Haute, IN KOA

And it begins: Believe it or not, I was able to leave home at 7am. Even surprised myself as I didn't get to bed until 1am and didn't get to sleep until about 3am. The roads were nice a dry and not very much traffic. I made it to Terre Haute about 1pm and decided to stop at the KOA for the night. I could have driven a couple more hours but figured that it would be best to try and get a decent nights rest before the next leg.

The Terre Haute KOA is a bit expensive ($40) but it is one of the few campgrounds open this far north. Since it's 30 deg. outside not much is usable at the campground but it does look like it would be a nice place to stay in the summer. They have free WiFi and cable TV, Spud got a treat and they came around later to deliver a few home made cookies. In the morning they offer a free continental breakfast but looking at the menu I seen biscuits and gravy for $2.50... thinking I'll have to spring for that!

Check back tomorrow for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment